The story of Celtic Sea Salt® began thousands of years ago, when the Celts discovered a way to harvest salt from the ocean using the sun, the wind, and shallow clay ponds. Pristine ocean channels spiral water into the concentrating ponds. The live flowing mixture is carefully stirred by the salt farmer, and dazzling crystals form and are gathered by hand. The ionizing action of the clay, combined with the artisan’s skillful method, passed down through generations, enlivens the unique, bioavailable array of trace elements that exist in a perfectly balanced matrix. Then as now, Celtic Sea Salt® is unparalleled in the world. Less than 1% of the world’s salt harvest has the artisinal quality of Celtic Sea Salt®. Pure, moist, biologically active, and free from any chemicals or additives, Celtic Sea Salt® is salt the way it is meant to be.
Celtic Sea Salt is truly a whole sea salt highly recommended by health professionals and culinary chefs. Celtic Sea Salt provides your body with over 80 minerals while enriching the flavor of all foods. Third party Certified by Europe's Nature and Progres to be free from pesticides, herbicides and harmful chemicals. Product of France
Celtic Sea Salt, a registered trade mark internationally including Malaysia,solely distributed by Radiant Code Sdn Bhd.
Net Wt: Fine ( 200g) ,coarse ( 200 gand 400 g pack)
Product of France
Motivation for Salt Refining
It's not too hard to see that the processing of salt renders it a "junk food." To understand the motivation, however, one need only follow the money. The primary use of salt is not as a food additive, but for industrial purposes. Only 7% of salt manufactured goes for food; the other 93% goes to industry. Industry requires chemically pure sodium chloride for manufacture of explosives, chlorine gas, soda, fertilizers and plastics. Since refined table salt is formulated specifically for industrial and chemical usage, scant concern is given to its toxic effect on human biology. Of course the trace minerals found in unprocessed salt are quite valuable. Manufacturers can sell off the other 82 elements found in sea water, leaving only sodium and chloride, and make a lot of extra money. The resulting refined table salt still tastes salty, though like white sugar or white flour it is missing most of its original nutrients.
The most commonly used additives in common salt are alumino-silicate of sodium or yellow prussiate of soda. Aluminum compounds are highly toxic, having been associated with Alzheimer's Disease and other conditions. Corn sugar (dextrose) has also been a typical additive to salt to keep it free-flowing - kind of a "double whammy" - adding sugar to your salt -just what you need! So-Called “Sea Salt
Many people think they've solved the salt problem by buying "sea salt" .In almost all cases, "sea salt" is essentially the same as regular table salt - it is a refined salt. All the term "sea salt" really means is that the salt was derived from sea water. In almost all cases, it is totally refined! Furthermore sea salt is:
1. Mechanically harvested from dirt or concrete containments with bulldozers and piped through metallic pipes.
2. Exposed to high heat which cracks its crystalline structure.
3. Refined of virtually all its essential minerals.
4. Adulterated by chemical additives used to make it flow freely, bleached to a white color, and iodized.Most "Sea salt"often comes from the same salt refineries as the regular supermarket table salt. It is at least 98% sodium chloride. The term "sea salt" is a deceptive misnomer. However, there is a natural, healthful sea salt without these problems.
Celtic Sea Salt®
Celtic Sea Salt® is a brand of high quality sea salt from the Brittany Coast of France. This special salt is still hand-harvested in the traditional method of"salt farming" that has been practiced for centuries. It is naturally air and sun-dried in clay ponds and gathered by hand with wooden tools to preserve the mineral content and contains almost all elements found in sea water in small and trace amounts. It is unrefined and unadulterated, with no anti-caking additives for bleaching.
Unrefined Salt’s Effect on the Body
Our bodies possess three "internal oceans:" blood plasma, lymphatic fluid, and extracellular fluid. These fluids contain concentrations of sodium and chloride, balanced by other minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, and various trace minerals. These fluids bathe and nourish the cells, from the moment of conception and throughout life. In addition, chloride is required by the body to make hydrochloric acid for digestion. From the moment of conception humans are never without a need for salt. But understand that we don't need toxic, refined table salt, but living, unrefined, and unadulterated salt like Celtic Sea Salt®.
Monte Kline, PhD. is the author of Eat, Drink and Be Ready and The Junk Food Withdrawal Manual.
The Grain And Salt Society. USA. (now known as Selina Naturally)